Only Planet

One Child, One Year, One Planet. A family of three traveling around the world...

You can contact us at werkingwells (at) gmail . com

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Paint by Numbers

48 hours: since I’d taken my last shower. In that time I had run through high grasses chasing a run away ATV, sat at a dusty rodeo and pow wow in Arlee Montana, jumped in a raging river, strummed my ukulele by a campfire, slept in a tent and drove 9 hours to Portland. I don’t think I’ve ever been dirtier.

5 chickens released at the rodeo. 60 kids chasing the chickens. If you caught one, it was yours. Bet mom loved that one.

22 years since I’d last been to a pow wow, and eaten an Indian taco. A zillion calories, but worth it!




32 years ago I dressed in cowboy duds and barrel raced. I remember like it was yesterday the time the horse I was riding decided to take a roll while I was still sitting on him. My mom ran from the stands, cleared a 10 foot fence and sprinted toward me, yelling “My saddle, my saddle!” To her credit, she spent a thousand or so hours digging worms to pay for the saddle.

20 years since I’d last lived in Missoula.

100’s of memories prompted by seeing the old dorm, climbing the M and eating where I used to work.




11 months since our dear friends moved from Portland to Missoula. Happy to report that they are thriving and doing great. Still sad they’re no longer three blocks away.

6 days till Dylan returns from a visit with her grandparents. They have a roster of activities planned including sewing lessons and road trips. I have that much time to finish the first full draft of my book. Earlier drafts have been completed but I now have a push date to get this whole puppy squeezed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home