Only Planet

One Child, One Year, One Planet. A family of three traveling around the world...

You can contact us at werkingwells (at) gmail . com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Global Voice


And I-I-I-I-I will alwaaays love you!!

From the bowels of a shopping center in Bali to the soaring heights of...another shopping center in Chengdu China, we felt Whitney Houston's haunting presence as her iconic song from The Bodyguard played around the world in 2005, 2006 and 2008.  

Never mind that the song came out years earlier, it remained a hit in locales far and farther away.  I didn't realize that Whitney Houston was just three years older than us, which kind of makes her passing feel more tragic, she was just a kid.

Rest in Peace Whitney and know that no matter how huge the world is, it felt smaller when we heard a song from home.  That, I guess, is the endearing power of music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home